Today, in an ever-competitive digital marketplace, getting your brand out there, establishing a positive reputation, and attracting as many ‘ready to spend’ customers to your website as possible is no simple task. The good news however, is that there are many digital marketing strategies at your disposal! The question is, which strategies are best? And how can effective digital marketing help you improve your brand reputation and awareness? Let’s get stuck in.
How does digital marketing help improve brand awareness?
It largely depends on the types of digital marketing that you are focusing on. In any case, the key to any successful digital marketing campaign is delivering high-value content to your ideal target audience. In doing so, you effectively demonstrate your authority in your niche, increase your overall reach, and ultimately aim to promote your brand in a positive light. Here are a few examples:
- In social media marketing, the aim is to engage with your audience on a social level, strike up conversations, share entertaining content, and inform your prospective customers about the various products / services that you have to offer.
- In email marketing, the goal is to share weekly newsletters with high value information, VIP discounts, and various promotions. This is an effective way of keeping your brand alive in their minds, nurturing those relationships, demonstrating your generosity, and ultimately converting them into paying customers.
- SEO is all about optimising your website to appear as high up Google’s SERPs for the move relevant key phrases. One of the most fundamental ranking factors in SEO is providing a superior on-page experience for your website visitors. If people are actively finding your website on Google, and you are able to provide the answers they need, with a seamless user experience, they’ll be much more likely to buy from you – and indeed remember your brand in a positive light.
- In local SEO, you are providing as much convenience as possible when your ideal customers are actively searching for the products or services that you offer in your local area. For example, if you are looking for SEO services in Singapore and you come across an agency in the local listings with a GMP profile that has all of the relevant NAP details (Name, Address, Phone Number), they have detailed descriptions of the various services that they offer, and they have a wealth of positive reviews, each with friendly and professional responses, you’ll be far more likely to recognise them as a trustworthy brand worth exploring.
Which digital marketing strategies are best for building your brand awareness?
While every digital marketing strategy is valuable in its own right, some are far more effective at building brand awareness and establishing a positive reputation, for example:
- Video marketing: video marketing is a great way to establish your authority with on-brand video content that brings value to your audience (e.g., product reviews / ‘how to’ guides, etc.).
- Social media marketing: social media marketing is an effective way to give your brand a voice and communicate with your audience and customers in a more relaxed, ‘human to human’ manner.
- SEO / local SEO: again, the key to success with SEO is optimising your website and making it as attractive, informative, and user-friendly as possible. When perfecting your website, you will invariably communicate a high level of quality and reliability which works wonders for your brand reputation. And indeed, when successful, you can attract far more relevant, ‘ready to spend’ customers which can increase your brand awareness considerably.
- Content marketing: content marketing is an essential component of SEO and is all about creating and sharing high-value, relevant content with your audience. If you are consistently showing up and giving your audience and prospective customers the kind of awesome content they need, they’ll be far more likely to trust your brand and indeed spend their money with you.
Ultimately, if you want people to know about your brand outside your local community, you need to get online, establish a presence, and start making some noise!
Define your audience, find your brand voice, create valuable content consistently, and watch as your reputation flourishes!